Everyone at Bloodline Fight Team and EKBJJ wish to congratulate Doktor on his victory.
The final part of the interview conducted by the part time grappler Liam Wandi. hope you enjoy.
Thanks to liam for this interview.
found this on you tube !
The EKBJJ Challenge Cup was held this past weekend June 12th and 13th, The two day event saw EKBJJ European Association coming together to meet and compete.
Saturday saw the EKBJJ MMA event which had the northern fighters face off against the southern fighters.
All the fighters fought extremely well impressing all in attendance , The fights were extremly impressive with the whole association’s MMA team displaying some amazing skill and technical ability .
There were over 60 spectators who came to support the fighters including supporters who travelled down from from london.
Sunday saw the EKBJJ CUP take place again with an amazing display of technical skill and ability.
Pics and vids will follow.
Well done to all who attended and competed, special thanks to jon Keeley and mark Bottom who worked endless hrs to make the event happen, including the BBQ .
Thanks guys for an amazing weekend .
great job liam, was a real pleasure to meet and train with you, hope we can do it again sometime.
Liam is the writter for the blog entitled “The part time grappler ” which i recomend to anyone.
Came across this, makes some really good sense.
Are you familiar with the term, “The Blame Wheel?”
It’s a business term that describes how people create a blame association pattern to justify poor performance and failing to achieve objectives and goals.
If you need a visual description of the Blame Wheel (and how it works), imagine the big spinning wheel that they use on the “Wheel of Fortune” Game Show, where contestants spin the wheel to determine what dollar amounts each letter will have.
I know what you’re thinking… that may work for a game show, but how does it fit into grappling?
If we modify that wheel so that it becomes a “Grappling Blame Wheel” (replacing the dollar amounts with excuses why a grappler underachieves), we can see why so many grapplers never reach their training and competition goals.
For example, here’s how I think the typical underachiever’s Grappling Blame Wheel would look:
– Instructor only teaches basic techniques
– Instructor has lower belts teach classes
– School only has classes 3x per week
– School doesn’t participate in local competitions
– Teammates are a-holes and mean on the mat
– Teammates don’t want to drill after class
– Work too many hours during the week to train
– Can’t get out of house to train due to family commitments
– Spouse or significant other hates it when I train all the time
– Not enough time during the day to train the way I should
– Classes cost too much to train enough to get good
– Instructional DVDs that will help cost too much and won’t pay for what’s free online
Take a look at all the “reasons” mentioned above and tell me if you noticed something (or someone) missing from this list.
That’s right… the grappler DOES NOT appear on that “Blame Wheel” anywhere, especially when they should be included in entries like:
– Too lazy to go to class
– Doesn’t pay attention and misses key technical details
– Know-it-all and don’t know when to shut up
– Doesn’t drill the movements outside of class
– Rather spar than drill so that you can brag about who you’ve tapped in the locker room after class
– Doesn’t want to be anyone’s training partner, especially when you’re tired and might lose
– Never ask your instructor how to practice at home or when on travel
– Always looking for “free gold” and too cheap to invest in a product or instructional DVD that will help
That would be a more accurate “Grappling Blame Wheel” and more closer to the truth as to why many grapplers consistently underachieve.
How do you fix it? Create the Grappling Blame Wheel that you’ve used in the past to justify why you couldn’t train. Once you’ve realize that you’re not as “blame-less” as you thought, you can come up with a plan to workaround all those “reasons” and keep moving forward.
found this from the wise grappler………